Hello and happy holiday week! Congrats to Rickie Fowler for finally winning after a dry spell. This week we move over to The John Deere Classic in Silvis, IL. This is a pretty course with elevation changes, great views and scenery, hardwood trees, and the Rock River. Unlike the last couple of courses, there is no real estate on this course, but you can see the former Arabian horse farm high above the Rock River Valley. The field does not showcase many big names, but there are some up-and-coming stars in the mix. Can J.T. Poston grab the win again this year?
John Deere Classic PGA DFS Preview
The Venue and Course Details
- TPC Deere Run – Silvis, IL
- Par 71; 7,258 yards
- Bent Grass fairways and greens
- Four par threes, eleven par fours and three par fives
Past John Deere Classic Winners
- 2022: J.T. Poston 263 (-21)
- 2021: Lucas Glover 265 (-19)
- 2020: Cancelled due to Covid
- 2019: Dylan Frittelli 263 (-21)
- 2018: Michael Kim 257 (-27)
- SG: Putting
- Proximity to Hole
- Par 4 Scoring Average
- Driving Accuracy
- GIR Percentage
- SG: Approach
- Since 2009, 10 of 13 John Deere champions have finished -20 or better.
- TPC Deere Run is the second longest-running title sponsorship on TOUR.
- The circle of land the pros launch from today may be the priciest piece of real estate, square-footage-wise, in Silvis’ history. Newly retired tournament director Clair Peterson remembers the price for that 15-by-15-foot tee box being $25,000.
- Steve Stricker won three years in a row, 2009-2011.
- Michael Kim holds the tournament record of -27 in 2018.
See you Wednesday for my full writeup and picks!