The 123rd US Open is just around the corner, and we are headed to the mysterious Los Angeles Country Club. This is the first major championship LACC has ever hosted, and it has been 75 years since the city itself has hosted a US Open. Let’s dive into some goodies to get primed and get our wheels turning.
US Open PGA DFS Preview
The Venue and Course Details
- Los Angeles Country Club’s North Course
- 7,423 yards, Par 70
- 156 golfers, cut to top 60 scorers and ties after 36 holes
- Bentgrass greens, Bermuda grass rough and fairways
- Firm and fast with elevation changes
- Five par threes, three par fives, and ten par fours
Past US Open Winners
- 2022 Matt Fitzpatrick 274 (-6)
- 2021 Jon Rahm 278 (-6)
- 2020 Bryson DeChambeau 274 (-6)
- 2019 Gary Woodland 271 (-13)
- 2018 Brooks Koepka 281 (+1)
- 2017 Brooks Koepka 272 (-16)
- 2016 Dustin Johnson 276 (-4)
- 2015 Jordan Spieth 275 (-5)
- 2014 Martin Kaymer 271 (-9)
- 2013 Justin Rose 281 (+1)
- Driving Accuracy
- Off the Tee
- Around the Green
- Bogey Avoidance
- Approach 175-200 yards
- Approach 200+ yards
- Max Homa holds the men’s course record of 61.
- Patrick Cantlay is familiar with this course and has played it many times.
- All of the last 10 US Open winners had already posted a top 25 in the event.
- Strong performance in a recent major has upside. Nine of the last 10 US Open winners had posted a top 10 in at least one of their previous two Majors.
I hope this got some wheels turning. I will be back on Wednesday to highlight specifc strategies and picks for this 123rd US Open. See you then!